My character for April is Bread Slice! He’s had a watercolour makeover to match his friends and is feeling a bit shy about how cute he looks. This colour scheme is not anywhere near my usual choices but I really like it. The version without a calendar is even cuter too.
As always, I’ve made a desktop wallpaper with or without a calendar, plus iPhone 5 + 6 wallpapers. These should fit most computers and smartphones. Download the April Wallpapers.
Look out for more Bread Slice posts this month – I already have some fun plans in mind.
Want to be emailed on the 1st of every month with a link to download the latest wallpapers, instead of waiting for me to blog them? Well then, join my mailing list and you’ll get an email of cuteness once a month, as well as first look at my sales and other exclusive offers.
March was a fun month – here’s what I got up to.
Fave 5 from the blog
Links I Loved
- Emma wrote a great post about keeping a diary featuring my 5 year diary
- Really excellent guide to food photography that works for products too.
- Cool article about typography and The Prisoner at Creative Review
- So many interesting things to do in London at Conversation Pieces.
- In-depth overly serious essays about The Legend of Zelda are becoming one of my favourite things.
- This Q&A at The AV Club made me happy to know I’m not the only person who needs silence, instrumentals or foreign language music to concentrate on work
Read the rest of this entry »
I wasn’t expecting much excitement on my actual birthday as I was working, I’m going to see all my family over Easter and I’m mostly looking to add to my Japan fund anyway. But I had an awesome day!
I got up extra early to open my parcels and got lots of cuteness and bunnies. You can read a bit more about them over at Super Cute Kawaii later today.
Then the doorbell rang and I was handed a giant box from Penny Black containing…a balloon! I totally burst out laughing.
It was followed by another delivery – a box full of fresh mini cakes from Sponge. This was Claire’s doing too, and perfect as I actually didn’t have any cake in the house. She made good choices and they’re all nice so far, though more frosting on top would have been even better.
I also got a £10 voucher from Boden so I bought myself this cute stripey t-shirt, and Zazzle sent me a $10 voucher so I finally got around to ordering some of my Sunflower ribbon for my curtain tie backs.
I had a fun birthday party in Animal Crossing too, hanging out with (some of) my bunnies in their cute party hats.
On Thursday I went into Glasgow to get my hair cut and dropped off some Solar System gift wrap at Penny Black (go get some, Westenders!), who treated me to coffee and cake, yay! I had a coconut cream sponge domino cake, which was great.
In the afternoon, I went to see The Tale of Princess Kaguya (more on that later) and did a bit of shopping so another fun day all round.
Thanks for all your birthday messages too, and to everyone who did something from my birthday list – much appreciated!
Well, I had a super fun birthday week with a trip to Glasgow on Thursday for a haircut, cinema trip and more cake. More on that soon. I also had some time to play with my new paintbrushes. I had forgotten quite how much I love watercolour painting.
News, Offers and Reminders
Easter Holiday Shipping
I’ll be taking a break from shipping over Easter so orders will be shipped on March 30th and then not again until April 9th.
It’s Easter next weekend so I’ve designed a cute printable you can use to make a garland or decorations. It features my Bunny plus some colourful eggs. I finished designing this and felt something just wasn’t right, and then I added little arms to the eggs and it was perfect! Those eggs make me laugh every time I see them now.
I haven’t had a garland up since I took down my Snow Day one after Christmas, so this has cheered up my fireplace. It really is starting to feel like Spring.
This printable is FREE to download and only takes a matter of minutes to put together. Send me a photo if you make one!
Happy birthday to me! I’m working today but will share my, no doubt bunny-tastic, presents soon. Usually I give you a gift on my birthday with a discount or giveaway, but this year I’m asking if you might do something to make my day even more awesome.
If you take a minute to do something from this list I will be so happy and most won’t even cost you a penny!
- Leave a comment on my blog- I spend a lot of time blogging and love to know someone’s out there!
- Join my mailing list for freebies, offers and news once a month
- Buy one of my Japan zines or ebooks to help me save for my next Japan trip
- Download one of my free printables or zines
- Review any of my products you own or my freebies on the relevant page in my shop. You’ll automatically get entered into my monthly prize draw too.
- Review or rate my Tokyo Shopping Guide or Kawaii Japan book on Amazon or Goodreads.
- Post a pic of something you bought of mine or made with my fabric or printables and tag me
- Upload a finished fabric project to the fabric’s page on Spoonflower
- Share something of mine you love with your friends on social media.
- Follow me on Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook or Pinterest
Plus any orders placed in my shop today will get a drawing and a gift, as well as a free badge set if you spend £5.
Thank you so much! Look out for an Easter freebie on Friday too.
You can now buy my designs at two more on-demand sites. Why more? I know, it seems like it’s getting out of hand, but they each have irresistible unique products.
I had no intention of selling on Nuvango until I saw their t-shirts with all over prints! This has been pretty much top of my design wishlist as I’m not a fan of the usual style with just a small space on the front for the design. I’ve started adding my patterns and they all look so great and I want them all. Nuvango also do prints, pillows, phone cases etc. but I am designing primarily for the t-shirts so not everything will be available for every product.
I’ve been selling die-cut stickers quite successfully via Redbubble for a while now and decided it was kind of silly not to let people buy the same characters on the other products too. Especially since they have leggings! Seeing my designs show up on leggings has been one of my most amusing highlights this month. I’ve added most of the main characters and will keep adding more. They also have the usual tees, pillows and cases, plus travel mugs and duvet covers in three sizes.
Now I really need to update my on-demand products page.
It’s my birthday this week so here’s a gift for you – a free badge set when you spend £5 or more in my shop! You can choose from Cakeify & Friends, Geisha or Prettify, or just let me choose for you. Offer ends when I run out of badges, and then I have plans for exciting new badges.
Customers with accounts – you can get a free badge set with any order with at least one physical product – just login and check the banner on the cart page for details.
Offer applies in my Etsy shop too.
(Also a note on shipping as I’ll be taking a break over Easter. I’ll be shipping orders on March 30th and then on April 9th)
This week has been a bit more exciting with a trip into Glasgow to eat Five Guys with Claire and give her the silly HAP PEA BIRTHDAY paper cut card I made. I also bought some fun art supplies for a new project. It’s my birthday this Wednesday so exciting parcels have been arriving. I’ll be working on my birthday, but have a little trip up north planned soon and some fun stuff for you too.
News, Offers and Reminders
- Free shipping worldwide at Society6 this weekend.
- 25% off duvet covers and pillows at Redbubble through Tuesday with the code DECKOUT. Plus 50% off my stickers, if you buy any 6 designs.
- 15% off all orders from my Zazzle store through Thursday with the code ZAZEASTERFUN.
- Don’t forget there will be a new free wallpaper for April. If you want it sent straight to your inbox, join my mailing list.